Corporate Zombie Hunt!
- Date: Friday, March 2, 2012
- Time: 3:00pm until 6:00pm
- Location: Directors Park in Downtown PDX
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Here's the idea
We get at least 100 people.
- 25% of the people wear suits/nice clothes but have thier faces painted up as ZOMBIES!
These will be our corporate zombies! (Less corporations than people! Each zombie will also will have a corporation name and logo.
There will be some printed up to choose from on the day of, or you can choose your own.
- The other 75% of the people will wear dust masks (they are light, cheap, and breathable) and white T-shirts that say "OCCUPY: Ending corporate zombiehood since 2011!".
These will be the "hunters", these people will also carry BRIGHTLY colored, CLEAR squirt guns, to find and squirt the zombies.
- Mind you, the zombies can also suck you into their corporate greediness and you can also "die".
A few people have suggested that when you get attacked or get squirted you can simply lay/sit down for about a minute to represent the casualties of the corporate capitalist society! It's also a great way to give people a little bit of time to get away.
We will set a 10-15 block perimeter, anywhere outside this zone is outside the game, you can leave at any time and be safe from squirts!
- This is a completely fun, family friendly event.
We will meet at Directors Park! at 3 PM (if you run on Occupy time, plan to be there at 2:30!) we will then get everyone in proper costume and have a grace period to disperse throughout the perimeter and the games will begin!
People should use creative freedom during this event with their outfits and personas.
- Let's make this an awesome, fun, safe, zombie catching spree!
This is officially endorsed by Occupy Portland by 100% consensus via GA.
- Here is a list of supplies to bring or donate if you have extra.
- White T-shirts
- White Construction Masks
- Zombie Make-Up/Washable Non-Toxic Paints
- Brightly Colored Clear Squirt Guns
- Friends and Family!
All of these things can be purchased at any local dollar store. If you'd like to donate supplies, you can bring them to our headquarters at 1131 SE Oak Street or to the event at Director's Park in downtown PDX! Or, have someone pick up the donation by clicking on the link below and leaving information about what the item is and where is can be picked up.
Thanks in advance!