Healthcare Committee Education Event
- Date: Sat, Jan 28th
- Time: 11:00am until 4:00pm
- Location: 4867 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Portland Oregon
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Occupy Health Fair Scheduled for January, 28th 2012
- Portland Occupy Health has organized an Occupy Health Fair to empower the community to reclaim their health. This unique event is meant to create dialog between Healthcare Organizations and Communities, provide information on alternatives to the current profit-driven insurance model of care, and educate on broad-spectrum health.
- This is a grass roots organization of citizens and professionals dedicated to empowering communities to take control, and positively transform their health and the healthcare system.
- To learn more or to get involved, please visit
Email Magan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Strategy Conference – January 28 and 29, 2012
- You Can Also Join Us In Houston!
You are invited to join Healthcare-NOW! activists from around the country to plan our strategy to win guaranteed single-payer national health insurance. By learning and sharing with one another we can build on the tremendous successes of the last year and develop the plan to push Congress to implement single-payer national health insurance NOW.
- January 28 and 29, 2012
- Hilton Houston Hobby Airport, Houston, TX
- Sat, 2pm – 4pm – Pre-Conference Southern Hospitality Meet & Greet with Single Payer Allies
- Sat, 4pm – 9pm – Strategy Conference
- Sun, 9am – 5pm – Strategy Conference continues
- $40 for members (anyone who has donated in 2011 and/or attended 2010 conference in Philadelphia) and $60 for non-members.
- Dinner will be provided on Saturday night. Breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
There are two airports in Houston, TX. It is preferable to book your flight to the William P. Hobby Airport. Intercontinental Airport is 32 miles north of Hobby Airport and about 45-minutes to 90-minutes by car, taxi, shuttle or Metro bus.
- To view the speakers scheduled for the PDX event, please click on the link below.