Sisters Of The Road 19th MLK March & Rally
- Date: Mon, January 16, 2012
- Time: 11:30am until 2:30pm
- Location: Sisters of the Road, 133 NW 6th Ave Portland
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Continue the DREAM and raise the banner of economic human rights for ALL of us! No one is illegal!
Sisters Of The Road invites all of Portland to join us for the 19th Martin Luther King, Jr. March & Rally!
- We will meet at Sisters (133 NW 6th Ave) at 11:30 am to gather and grab a quick cup of coffee or tea.
- At noon we will kick off the march with a few word and chants to get our energy up and then we take our message of love and justice to the streets!
There will be music, chants and a few targeted stops to spotlight how people in our community are targeted, excluded and criminalized for their race and economic status.
We will celebrate the work of Right 2 Dream Too and point out institutions in town that have criminalized people experiencing homelessness and have profited off of the housing crises and mass job loss.
- We are excited to have guest speakers
- Ibrahim Mubarak, cofounder of Dignity Village & Right 2 Survive
- Mama Chewy, of Right 2 Dream Too
- Paul Boden, Organizing Director of the Western Regional Advacacy Project in San Francisco, CA.
- Meet at Sisters Of The Road and march to let your community know you stand up for nonviolence and economic human rights!
Occupy Martin Luther King Junior Day - Monday 16 January 2012