Ruckus at the State Land Board
- Date: Tuesday Feb 14
- Time: 7:30am until 12:00pm
- Location: Oregon Department of State Lands Office, 775 Summer Street, Salem, Or
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Will you be our valentine?
Cascadia Forest Defenders are heading to Salem on the 14th to confront the State Land Board--Governor Kitzhaber, Secretary of State Kate Brown, and Treasurer Ted Wheeler-- about their direct hand in the destruction of Oregon's public forests.
In October, Governor Kitzhaber approved a plan that will nearly double the annual clear cut in the Elliott Rainforest, starting this year. On the 14th, the first land board meeting of 2012, the Governor will also approve the privatization of over 1,000 acres of public forest land in Southern Oregon. Privatization will leave the fate of sensitive wildlife in the hands of ravenous timber barons.
(for more info visit http://www.forestdefensenow.com)
CFD invites any and all who are enraged with Kitzhaber to party with us on Valentines. Come with signs, props, and costumes appropriate for the occasion. Bring a friend, a lover, *or perhaps your whole affinity group* to participate in rowdy, light-hearted actions!
- Carpool meets up 7:30 a.m. at the Growers Market parking lot, 4th/Willamette near the Eugene Amtrak station. Message us on fb or email email@example.com if you have a large vehicle we can borrow for a day.
- This is not a permitted rally! Disruptive behavior may lead to your removal from the premises. If you want to limit your interaction with law enforcement, you are always welcome to come and quietly hold a sign or sit in the audience.
- If you would like to plug in with an affinity group for the action, or if you are organizing something with your affinity group, come to CFD's next meeting: this Friday, February 10th, at 5 pm upstairs in the Grower's Market (4th and Willamette).
- Get in touch if you would to help flyer or help us organize the rideshare!
- If you are a portlander, email firstname.lastname@example.org - 3 available seats!