Stop the Library Cuts
- Date: Thu Dec 22
- Time: 9:30am until 12:30pm
- Location: Multnomah building (501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. PDX)
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- We need to tell the Multnomah County Commissioners loud and clear that we want a fully funded library.
Multnomah County Library
The voters in Multnomah County love their library, and it is the cornerstone of access to information. This access is under attack. Our community voted by over 70% margin to allow for the creation of a library district back in 2010.
Now the board of county commissioners is likely not giving the voters a choice in the matter. They are proposing to let us decide if we want 20% cuts (by renewing an 89 cent/$1000 assessed value levy) or 66% cuts (voting down the levy).
I say we should tell them NO CUTS. You can give 3 min testimony or just show your support by standing in solidarity or hold a sign in your hands.
- Please send this out to anyone who lives here and loves their access to free information, and wants to keep it that way.