Youth Empowerment, Leadership and Activism Workshop
- Date: Saturday, March 10, 2012
- Time: 11am to 4pm
- Location: Mount Scott Community Center 5530 SE 72nd Ave
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Free youth empowerment, leadership and activism workshop through Portland Parks and Rec
For links and registration, see our website: http://yeacamp.org/?page_id=584
- YEA Academy is a free monthly Saturday workshop program for 12-17 year olds who want to make a difference in their community or the world.
At YEA, participants will learn ways to bring about a change on social justice issues they care about, such as:
- climate change
- animal rights
Like our flagship program, YEA Camp, YEA Academy’s curriculum is based on four areas we feel are critical for activists to develop: knowledge, skills, confidence and community to take action on the issues that matter to them.
From 11am-4pm one Saturday a month, youth have an opportunity to learn key skills like:
- running an effective school club
- running a campaign
- and arts activism
All while finding out about inspiring ways others are having an impact in their community, building self confidence, creating a plan to impact a societal problem, and making friends with other young change-makers.
- YEA Academy is being run in partnership with Portland Parks and Recreation. Spaces are limited, so please register early.
Please note: you must enter the course codes below to find the “Youth Empowerment” course at the Portland Parks and Rec registration website. https://www.portlandparks.org/register/Start/Start.asp
March 10th, 2012 course # 365994
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Laura Carver at email@example.com or 503-347-0223