Difference between revisions of "Burnside Streetcar Line"

From PortlandWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "The Burnside Line was a small streetcar line built by the Portland Railway Company and opened for operation in 1903. It ran from East Burnside and [[...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Burnside Line was a small streetcar line built by the [[Portland Railway Company]] and opened for operation in 1903. It ran from [[East Burnside Street|East Burnside]] and [[Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard|Union Avenue]], up [[Pine Street|Pine Street]] to [[East 18th Avenue|18th Avenue]], and then south to [[Stark Street|Stark Street]]. The line was extended across the [[Burnside Bridge]] west to [[West 16th Avenue|16th]] by [[Portland Railway, Light & Power]] in 1907. By 1911 service had dropped to a short line running between 16th and [[West 5th Avenue|5th]] on the [[Westside]], and the line was entirely discontinued in 1915.
+
The Burnside Line was a small streetcar line built by the [[Portland Railway Company]] and opened for operation in 1903. It ran from [[East Burnside Street|East Burnside]] and [[SE Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard|Union Avenue]], up [[SE Pine Street|Pine Street]] to [[SEt 18th Avenue|18th Avenue]], and then south to [[SE Stark Street|Stark Street]]. The line was extended across the [[Burnside Bridge]] west to [[SW 16th Avenue|16th]] by [[Portland Railway, Light & Power]] in 1907. By 1911 service had dropped to a short line running between 16th and [[SW 5th Avenue|5th]] on the [[Westside]], and the line was entirely discontinued in 1915.
  
 
[[Category: Streetcar Lines]]
 
[[Category: Streetcar Lines]]

Latest revision as of 16:57, 25 January 2012

The Burnside Line was a small streetcar line built by the Portland Railway Company and opened for operation in 1903. It ran from East Burnside and Union Avenue, up Pine Street to 18th Avenue, and then south to Stark Street. The line was extended across the Burnside Bridge west to 16th by Portland Railway, Light & Power in 1907. By 1911 service had dropped to a short line running between 16th and 5th on the Westside, and the line was entirely discontinued in 1915.