Revision as of 14:26, 8 May 2011 by Michael
So what is the purpose of this wiki?
- a civic wiki fr Portland?
What is the scope?
- anything to do with Portland?
What is the vision?
- to emerge organically?
Will editors be paid?
- probably not
Is editing this volunteer work?
- probably yes
Who owns the wiki?
- envisioned as a community project, while Ray King does has the name and Dave has the server
- it will emerge organically? Best, MarkDilley
- So I agree with Mark's answers (or questions?) but I was hoping we'd have this sort of discussion at PortlandWiki talk:Community Portal. I'm thinking discussion is best done in the "PortlandWiki talk:" and "Talk:" and "User talk:" namespaces; at least that's what most wikis do. Simply "Discussion" is a clearer title I suppose though, at least for wiki newbies... what do you folks think? -kotra (talk) 02:39, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
Civic wiki and stuff
- ArborWiki uses: http://arborwiki.org/city/Special:Version
- CantonWiki uses: http://cantonwiki.org/Special:Version
- RichmondWiki uses: http://www.richmondwiki.org/wiki/Special:Version
- Blomingpedia uses: http://www.bloomingpedia.org/wiki/Special:Version
- USSFwiki uses: http://wiki.ussf2010.org/wiki/Special:Version
- Dreamfish uses: http://network.dreamfish.com/wiki/Special:Version
- WikiIndex uses: http://wikiindex.org/Special:Version
- FortWiki uses: http://fortwiki.com/Special:Version
- KansasCity wikia uses: http://kansascity.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Version
- Hiroshima wiki uses: http://ja.hiroshimawiki.com/wiki/%E7%89%B9%E5%88%A5:%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E6%83%85%E5%A0%B1
- Wikitravel uses: http://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Version
- Aachen wikia uses: http://aachen.wikia.com/wiki/Spezial:Version
- Euguen neighbor wiki - http://wiki.eugeneneighbors.org/wiki/Special:Version
- Looked at Extension:SphinxSearch and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Lucene-search. Wikipedia uses the latter, but SphinxSearch looks more feasible. Not entirely clear if DreamHost allows us the required server access to install and compile the extension, however. -WikiMaster (talk) 18:13, 19 January 2011 (PST)