PortlandWiki is a collaborative community information resource for Portland, Oregon that is powered by you. We welcome your knowledge and creative input!
Our aim is to represent the Voice of Portland by providing a citizen-generated news, information resource, knowledge hub and historical archive for Portland, Oregon and surrounding region.
Go ahead; be bold! Get involved with PortlandWiki!
Peace and Justice Works - 10 Years in Afghanastan: End the Wars - Bring Our $$ Home
Occupy Portland and Peace and Justice Works UNITED FOR #GLOBALCHANGE
Emerging national strategy calls for state Occupation groups nationwide to occupy their capitols to begin dialogues with legislators. Occupation movements from each of the states will be responsible for initiating that process.
The Oregon Fellowship of Reconciliation chapter of FOR (OFOR) is opening the Annual Retreat this weekend with free registration Occupy Oregon participants from Portland, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, Ashland and all Oregon Occupations to convene a work group to develop a statewide strategy for social change and proposals for their respective Occupation groups.
The theme is "Beyond Demonstrations and Action: Planning Nonviolent Strategy," with Tom Hastings, PSU faculty member and a specialist in nonviolent confrontation strategy, as the keynote.
Please see the "FLIER INFO" on the wiki page for items you need to bring, such as Food, Bedrolls, Transportation, etc.
The retreat is at Camp Adams in Molalla, OR, October 14, 5:00p.m. to October 16, noon. You are free to come and go as you need during that time. Please fill out the REGISTER FORM to let us know you are with us! No information on this form will ever be shared.
- Bicycling Etiquette - Handy bicyclist tips to win friends and influence motorists.
- Shelter is a place for people to find refuge from the elements. It is one of the primary components critical to survival for every person: water, food, safety (shelter).
- Iraq Veterans Against the War - Oregon Chapter - To hell with war, and to its demonic mongers.
- Cascadia is a proposed independent nation in the Pacific Northwest, usually composed of Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, that would be formed by seceding from the United States (and Canada).
- Cascadia subduction zone , off the Oregon Coast, is home to the Juan De Fuca Ridge, where one tectonic plate moves under another. The Ocean Observatories Initiative landed in Pacific City on July 12th, beginning a new era in oceanography.
- Green industry - In Portland it's easy being green.
- Horse rings - The small brass rings attached to curbs don't tether horses anymore... unless they're small plastic ones.
- Personal Telco - Portland's answer (so far) to "Internet as public utility."
- Yellow Bike Project - (Pictured here in black 'n' white.) A community cycling "first."
- Charles Olds - Olds shot a man "just to watch him ...uh... succumb from injuries suffered as a result of an act of manslaughter."
- CivicApps - An open data / open source project sponsored by several Portland-area government agencies.
- Portlandia - The second largest hammered copper statue in America! (The largest is the Statue of Liberty.)
- East 82nd Avenue - A major North-South arterial on Portland's Eastside. Gateway to Felony Flats.
Things to see in Portland
Popular Pages on PortlandWiki
Check out Popular Pages for a list of what others are reading on PortlandWiki.
Plus, track action on the site at Recent Changes.
Places to go near Portland