PortlandWiki is a collaborative community information resource for Portland, Oregon that is powered by you. We welcome your knowledge and creative input!
Our aim is to
please represent the Voice of Portland by providing a citizen-generated news, information resource, knowledge hub and historical archive for Portland, Oregon and surrounding region.
Go ahead; be bold! Get involved with PortlandWiki!
, one of Fast Company's
2010 Most Influential Women in Technology
- Portland Broadband - All welcome to attend the upcoming City Council Work Session on Portland's draft Broadband Strategic Plan, Connecting to our Future on July 26, 2011 at 9:30 am, either in Council Chambers at live stream on cable CityNet 30 . Presenters include Anthony Townsend from Institute of the Future , and Amber Case, cyborgathropologist and co-founder of Geoloqi .
- Local blogs - Portland's diverse and interesting web logs identified here. Please add to this list!
- Bicycling Etiquette - Handy bicyclist tips to win friends and influence motorists.
- Shelter is a place for people to find refuge from the elements. It is one of the primary components critical to survival for every person: water, food, safety (shelter).
- Iraq Veterans Against the War - Oregon Chapter - To hell with war, and to its demonic mongers.
- Cascadia is a proposed independent nation in the Pacific Northwest, usually composed of Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, that would be formed by seceding from the United States (and Canada).
- Cascadia subduction zone , off the Oregon Coast, is home to the Juan De Fuca Ridge, where one tectonic plate moves under another. The Ocean Observatories Initiative landed in Pacific City on July 12th, beginning a new era in oceanography.
- Green industry - In Portland it's easy being green.
- Horse rings - The small brass rings attached to curbs don't tether horses anymore... unless they're small plastic ones.
- Personal Telco - Portland's answer (so far) to "Internet as public utility."
- Yellow Bike Project - (Pictured here in black 'n' white.) A community cycling "first."
- Charles Olds - Olds shot a man "just to watch him ...uh... succumb from injuries suffered as a result of an act of manslaughter."
- CivicApps - An open data / open source project sponsored by several Portland-area government agencies.
- Portlandia - The second largest hammered copper statue in America! (The largest is the Statue of Liberty.)
- East 82nd Avenue - A major North-South arterial on Portland's Eastside. Gateway to Felony Flats.
Things to see in Portland
Places to go near Portland
Newest pages on PortlandWiki
- More from Calagator
- More from Dorkbot
Ignite Portland Feed
- More from Ignite Portland
Go to news archive >>>