PortlandWiki Calendar 2011 3 27
Sunday | March 27, 2011
Stand with Japan Vigil
Nuclear power has not treated the Japanese people kindly. First, the power of exploding nuclear bombs, dropped from U.S. warplanes, killed hundreds of thousands of Japan's people towards the end of World War Two. Then, earlier this month, Japanese people got another bitter taste of nuclear catastrophe as an ongoing series of massive reactor failures began plaguing the Fukushima nuclear power plants in the wake of the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on 11 March 2011. On Monday, March 28th, you have an opportunity to Stand with Japan and show your empathy for and solidarity with the people there.
- What: Stand with Japan Vigil
- Where: Terry Schrunk Plaza
- Address: Downtown Portland: Between SW 3rd & 4th Avenues and SW Madison & Jefferson Streets | Portland, OR 97204
- Day: Monday, March 28th, 2011
- Time: 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Go to event RSVP page: Vigil for the people of Japan