Scrooge of the Year Holiday Party
- Date: Saturday, December 10, 2011
- Time: 7:00pm until 10:00pm
- Location: Peace House, 2116 NE 18th Ave.
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Who is ready to party???
- Scrooge of the Year Holiday Party. A Celebration with food and drink!
- SAVE THE DATE!!!
“Scrooge of the Year” is a Jobs with Justice dis-honor, given to the individual or corporation that has done the most harm to working families in our community this year. The winner is decided by the number of votes that are purchased. That’s right—the votes are for sale—we like to call it “corporate-style democracy”. But don't worry; the election will be completely free and fair—for those that pay!
- We then present the winner with their award sometime soon after the party.
There are already some great contenders for this coveted award that have been proposed at the JWJ Exec and Steering committee meetings.
Amongst the candidates we have:
- Georgia Pacific ( Koch brothers)
- DOSHA Salon
- The Post Master General
- Janet Napolitano
- Deciding will surely be difficult!
If you have a “strong candidate” we’re still getting nominations for the Scrooge of the Year award. Be sure to include your name, phone #, and a few sentences on why you think your nominee deserves it.
- Nominations must be submitted by Monday, December 1st.
Fax or email to Jobs with Justice. fax: 503-239-9441, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOU CAN HELP by buying tickets, which are $15 each (and include 15 votes!)
Also, please help spread the word—tell all your friends, get it up on your Facebooks and Twitters, etc.
This is certainly a time to celebrate, but we still have lots of work to do. So let's party, elect the Scrooge of the Year, and raise money for Jobs with Justice!