Revision as of 19:24, 30 July 2011 by WikiMaster (→Admin Notes (Order of Reverse Chronology): Extension:Semantic Social Profile)
- SocialProfile provides a profile page to each of the wiki's account holders. It displays friendships with other users, basic profile information, and any public messages received.
- Semantic Social Profile is an extension that represents social information of SocialProfile extension as semantic annotations that are stored on a user’s userpage. Thus, the extension automatically adjusts user profile data for querying with Semantic MediaWiki tools and other tools that work with semantic data on Mediawiki. Moreover, the social data is associated with well-known Semantic Web vocabularies (foaf, bio, cv) that allows you to use wiki as a foaf-editor.
- Semantic Social Profile relies heavily on the following extensions:
- - Semantic MediaWiki
- - SocialProfile
- - Semantic Forms
- - Parser function extensions
- semantic-social-profile (Google Code)
- Semantic Social Profile extension for MediaWiki integrates users' social profiles with the Semantic Web
- Abstract. Semantic MediaWiki proved its effectiveness as a platform for creating semantically connected hypertexts. Unfortunately, in most wiki engines, information about contributors (wiki authors) remains in shadow for human observers and is not available for program agents. Semantic Social Profile proof of concept introduces a flexible way of integration (sic) the social features of MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki annotations. In the paper we describe the extension development process and some of the use cases that will become possible with it.