Let’s Create A People’s Budget!
On behalf of Occupy Portland’s Community Assembly and Labor Solidarity Committees you are invited to join us in a Community Assembly to Create a People’s Budget that works for all of us.
We are launching a campaign and action plan to achieve a city budget and spending proposals that address the primary concerns we all share, such as:
- jobs for anyone who wants to work
- food for everyone who wants to eat
- no cuts to vital services
- affordable housing for all
- robust, reliable and low-cost public transportation
- affordable health care for everyone
- quality education for our students
We are reaching out to labor unions, community groups, Occupy, individuals and the broader 99% to join us in a fightback against the planned city cuts to essential services, while putting forth the budget priorities demanded by the 99%.