Citizens Against the National Defense Authorization Act
If you put your boot on my neck and I pull your leg off, don't call me a "terrorist."
WE THE PEOPLE
- Must protect our constitutional rights which are now in jeopardy by an act that would effectively declare the government's war on its people.
- We must peaceably assemble and protest against the "Defense Authorization Bill" which will effectively turn our nation into a battlefield.
WE MUST ACT TO STOP THIS -- NOW!
- The ACLU’s Washington legislative office explains
"In support of this harmful bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) explained that the bill will 'basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield' and people can be imprisoned without charge or trial 'American citizen or not.' Another supporter, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) also declared that the bill is needed because 'America is part of the battlefield.'"
On Monday, the Senate defeated the Udall amendment to this bill and passed 37-61. If passed as written, it would allow our government and military to arrest ANYONE ANYWHERE, and detain them indefinitely without charges or trial or any form of due process, defense or justice...purely on "suspicion of terrorism."
This bill would effectively strip our right of "peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances," our constitutional right.
HOW YOU CAN HELP (RIGHT NOW)
Get on the streets!
- Call & email your Senators-- RIGHT NOW!
- List of U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress - 1st Session on Udall
- National Defense Authorization Bill S.1867
- Department of Defense Authorization Bill Article on Huffington
- Senate Votes To Let Military Detain Americans Indefinitely, White House Threatens Veto
- Previous ACLU Letter of Opposal on 1031 and 1032 of NDAA
- Organized Suppression: Organized Terror
- More info: Citizens Against the National Defense Authorization Act
- ↑ Slight paraphrase of comment from caller to Voices from the Edge program on KBOO, overheard Thursday December 8, 2011.