OMG!! Do I have to do all that just to start a new page!?!
No. Of course not.
The wiki page elements shown on PortlandWiki's editing help page are merely a few structural suggestions to help you get going. That said, our hope is to see all new and existing PortlandWiki pages become endowed with enough coherent content to make them at least minimally informative, useful and/or entertaining. If a page takes firm enough root, it can grow from there. So use your imagination and start editing! WikiMaster (talk) 18:36, 2 September 2010 (PDT)
List of help pages to crib.
- GlobalHUB's Help: Wiki Sample Page Their wiki engine is HUBzero, not MediaWiki, so the wiki text is different. But the GlobalHUB help page has useful ideas for helping step folks though page editing.
List of mediawiki page formatting stuff.
- Wiki Editing using OpenOffice.org Writer - (WikiEducator's tutorial page for the Sun Wiki Publisher extension listed above.)
- Using OpenOffice.org to write your MediaWiki articles
- Extension:OpenDocument Export
- Converting from MediaWiki to ODF
- Importing (converting) content to Wikipedia (MediaWiki) format - (Wikipedia's list of wiki page formatting stuff.)
- wikEd - ("A full-featured Wikipedia-integrated advanced text editor for regular to advanced wiki users.")
- HTML-to-wiki converter
- HTML to Wiki Converter - tables - (Yup. This is a different one than the one listed just above.)
- CSV Converter - (Convert spreadsheet data to MediaWiki.)
- Copy & Paste Excel-to-Wiki Converter - (Copy and paste spreadsheet data into online form and convert to MediaWiki.)
- Appropedia:Porting formatted content to MediaWiki
| EMPLOYMENT PER
$1 MILLION EXPENDITURES
|Bike lanes (on-street)||7.9||2.5||4.0||14.4||1.8|
|Bike boulevard (planned)||6.1||2.4||3.2||11.7||1.9|
|Road repairs and upgrades||3.8||1.5||2.0||7.4||1.9|
I'm so glad I found my soluiton online.