WHAT: The Portland Wiki Photo Scavenger Hunt is a one day event for contributors and visitors of PortlandWiki.org, to take snapshots and photographs that can be used as support imagery a page or topic. The goal is to inspire activism and artistic expression by challenging participants to capture personal and/or original photograhpy for the use at PortlandWiki. Due to the size and depth of knowledge that wiki's strive to fill, there is always a need for image and photographic support.
PortlandWiki.org has the same challenge, but we have a special talent. PortlandWiki participants live in or near Portland! Anyone with a cellphone can take a photo that can be used, so there are no limits to how many photos and topics we can generate.
WHEN: There are are a couple candidates for the event.
- May 14th
- May 28th
- June 4th
* When: The general idea is that it takes place on a Saturday, where qualifying photos must be taken between 9am-5pm. Date-stamped.
* Where: A voluntary kick-off will happen in the morning. Tshirts can be handed out, and a chance to look at scavenger hunt prizes.
* Who: Anyone is welcome to participate!, though registration as a contributor is requested, so that their submissions can be tracked.
- Must be for a legitimate page on PortlandWiki that exists (if it doesn't exist yet, you can create it!)
- For example: A picture of Pioneer Courthouse Square on Pioneer Courthouse Square
- The page should be about something a stranger would find interesting or useful, related to Portland. Your Grandma Ethel is not interesting to strangers (though we love her), but Grandma Ethel's Baking Company (if it exists) would be.
- Most Photos Taken
- Highest Quality
- Most Interesting
Prices are still in the works, but here are some candidates:
- Gift Certificates
- Mugs & T-shirts
Since multiple photos will be uploaded per person, it would be great if possible to have a special batch uploading process. (TBD)
To do (preparation)
- Improve upload form
- Improve create page form