Occupy May Day (Together)
- Date: The First of May 2012
- Location: The National Monument in Washington DC and Every State Capitol
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Members of Occupy Portland, local organizations, and any individual who wishes to voice their grievances relating to greed and corruption to our national government.
Since the end of the nineteenth century, May 1st (or May Day) has become synonymous with International Worker’s Day or Labour Day in many countries. Historically it has been known as a day of political demonstrations around the world. Just after the start of spring, when the weather begins warming up, we encourage the many that would be reluctant to brave the cold weather and snowy months that DC bares through the winter to Occupy Together through the summer and early fall to petition grievances against a corrupt system of government.
- Global, 99 Occupy the World
- NO WORK - NO SCHOOL - NO SHOPPING - NO BANKING - NO TRADING
- THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS
We are calling on all people of the world to start planning NOW for a Global Strike.
The goal is to shut down commerce worldwide and show the 1% we will not be taken for granted, we will not be silenced, WE WILL NOT MOVE until our grievances are redressed.
- GENERAL STRIKE AND BOYCOTT CALLED!
- FOR IM/MIGRANT RIGHTS
- FOR ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND LABOR RIGHTS
- FOR PEACE WITH JUSTICE
- FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES AND AN END TO THE POLICE STATE
- FOR HOUSING, EDUCATION, AND HEALTH CARE AS HUMAN RIGHTS
- FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS AND GENDER EQUITY
- Every continent, every country, every state, every city will stand up.
Labor and workers are under attack by the 1%.
Occupy stands Immigrants and with Labor both organized and not.
Unions and union rights are what made our working class strong.
Every benefit we have as working people has come from the struggles of organized labor and immigrants fighting for their rights. Now they are trying to destroy our bargaining rights, they want their greedy hands on our pensions. They don't have enough already? ENOUGH.
- A DAY FOR MIGRANT RIGHTS, LABOR RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS.
- STOP FORECLOSURES!!!
We demand good jobs and good pay for everyone on the planet. Citizen of the country they work in or not. Outsourcing will no longer be tolerated by the so called "job creators" for cheap labor. All human beings deserve a living wage.
- Education, Housing and Healthcare are human rights NOT "entitlements."