Public speak out on police brutality w/ US Department of Justice
- Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- Time: 6:30pm until 8:30pm
- Location: St. Johns Community Center 8427 N Central St, Portland, OR 97203
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Let's approach this issue on all fronts.
The DOJ will be our audience for voicing our concerns about police use of excessive force. Occupy has become a target of police aggression and downright assaults, so let's come together to have our voices heard!
Officials from the U.S. Department of Justice will be in town later this month to seek community input on Portland police use of force as they continue a federal civil rights inquiry to determine if the police bureau engages in a pattern or practice of excessive force.
If anyone has comments or concerns but are unable to attend the town hall meeting this month, they're encouraged to contact the federal investigators at email@example.com or 1-877-218-5228.
Anyone can also call the U.S. Attorney's local civil rights hotline at either 503-471-5577 or reach it by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.