Rally for City Resolution to End Corporate Personhood
- Date: Wed, January 4, 2012
- Time: 8:30am – 9:30am
- Location: Portland City Hall - 1221 SW 4th Ave
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- On Wednesday, January 4th, join the Move to Amend Portland chapter as we rally outside City Hall to support and strengthen the proposed city resolution supporting a federal constitutional amendment to End Corporate Personhood.
You can view the Mayor's proposed resolution here: http://www.portlandonline.com/shared/cfm/image.cfm?id=377616.
We will have a few speakers and fanfare before we head inside to pack the council chambers as members of Move To Amend testify before the City Council in favor of a resolution which explicitly supports a constitutional amendment making clear that corporations are not people and money is not speech.
- Wear red and bring signs (signs brought into council chambers can be no larger than 8 1/2 x 11) See you there!
- Rally/Hearing details
- 8-8:30 - Gather at City Hall
- 8:45-9:15 - Rally with speakers
- 9:30 - Enter city council chambers to hear and support our speakers addressing the city council.
- End corporate personhood.
- Money is not speech.
January 12th at 2 PM, the city council has scheduled the official hearing on the resolution and will likely take a vote. So plan on being at this city council meeting, to offer support and/or to testify in favor of an improved resolution and to support allowing us all to vote by referring language to the ballot.